• Hollywood Herald | What we do

Los Angeles, 09/07/2020

Hello and welcome to the very first edition of the Hollywood Herald, YOUR source for all news regarding the Los Angeles Rams.

We're an independent news-channel, which means we're not affiliated to the Rams organization. However we are proud to say we do have the best sources in the business in regards to the Rams, so while we can't speak for the team itself and won't fulfill a PR role for the organization, you can rely on the accuracy of our news. We won't break a story to you - our audience - unless it's verified by multiple high ranking team sources, so we're not in the fake-news business. However we do write about more than just breaking news - that's what you have guys like Ian Rapoport or Adam Schefter for anyways. We will also provide you with team-related content like:

- Interviews

- Roster & Depth-Chart predictions

- Trade rumors

- Player spotlights

- Statistical breakdowns

and much more. To see if a story/news is verified, please look for the Tags [VERIFIED] or [BREAKING] in the title.

So let me introduce myself:

My name is Felix and I'm the lead writer of the Hollywood Herald. I'm in the teamtalk business since 4 years and I've previously worked for prestigious news organizations like the Houston Chronicle, the IndyStar or - my most recent job - the Broncos Wire, where you'll probably know me from. I've also blogged about the Dallas Cowboys about 2 years ago.

There won't be a content-schedule so there may be times where multiple articles get released in a single week, but there also might be times where you won't hear from me for a whole month (or even longer). So don't have too high expectations but whenever you see there's a new article online, you're very welcome to read it and share your thoughts on it. Also if there is a demand for it, I will start a so called "Mail Bag", where I will answer any team-related questions you send me as best I can. If you have a question for the Mail Bag, please send it via DM under the title "Hollywood Herald Mail Bag" and I'll make sure to include it in the next piece I write. Please also make sure to let me know if you have any suggestions or wishes for this blog.

So without further ado, let's dive into the very first article for the Hollywood Herald!

HC Pulse - The right man for the job? | [INTERVIEW]

Sunday night, the annual MaddenFL Teamdraft is under way. Teams all across the NFL are signing their new headcoaches. One of those headcoaches who were looking for their next coaching opportunity was HC Pulse. Long before the draft, Pulse declared his intent to go back to the Indianaolis Colts, an organization he coached a while ago. The Colts were the frontrunners to sign HC Pulse to a contract, however in the end it were the Rams that ended up signing him to a 2 year deal worth over 15 million dollars. Today we managed to get HC Pulse on a Zoom call (a face-to-face interview unfortunately was not possible due to the ongoing global pandemic and the safety precautions the Rams installed to prevent the organization's members to infect themselves. We hope to get to know him face-to-face once the situation is stabilized). We asked him about his past coaching experiences, why the Rams were able to win the bidding war with the Colts and what his expectations for the upcoming season are.

Hollywood Herald: Coach Pulse, welcome to the Los Angeles Rams! To start, please introduce yourself to our audience!

Pulse: Hi! I'm Pulse and I'm the new coach of the LA Rams. I've coached for 3 years in this great league - this will be my 4th. I started my coaching journey as the HC of the Houston Texans. I do remember that pretty well, I was so inexperienced and took over a team that was abandoned by its previous coach during the season. I think when I took them over they were 0-3 or even worse. That was before Houston landed its franchise QB in Deshaun Watson and the starting QB was Brock Osweiler. So our offense was pretty bad I'd say. Lamar Miller was decent and in the receiving game we had Hopkins but besides that we really didn't have much talent there so we were lucky to even field a mediocre offense that year. What made the Texans so interesting for me was the defense which was stacked with guys like Watt, Clowney and Mercilus. Those were the good old times man, I still love those guys to death and I'll forever be grateful to the Texans to give me such an opportunity. Unfortunately after 2 seasons we never got the results we hoped for as we didn't reach the playoffs, so I and the team mutally parted ways. My next stop were the Dallas Cowboys. Man was that team stacked. We still weren't the greatest offense - I'm more of a defensive minded coach - but our running game was strong. Zeke ran like crazy and Dak moved the chains in the passing game when needed. Again, our defense was very strong. My first move was to trade RG Zack Martin for RE Michael Bennett from the Seahawks and boy was that a good one! Bennett was the core of our defense and really brought an attitude to that DLine. Anyway, we were pretty certain we'd get into the playoffs around week 13 as a Wildcard team, so we pulled our starters and let them rest for the big games. It wasn't a pretty regular season, but we got into the playoffs with a 8-8 record and that's where it started. Noone thought we would even get out of the wildcard round - we were playing the mighty Eagles at that time. They beat us twice in the regular season, so we were the dark horse candidate in that game for sure. We used that as motivation and you know what? We won. By a pretty decent margin. I think we surprised a lot of people that day and I was very proud of my guys. However the next game we were playing the Green Bay Packers. They were incredibly good in the regular season and noone outside of our own team gave us even the slightest chance. We beat them too. At their home. We played them tough on defense and made a name for ourselves that night. It was like David versus Goliath and like in that story, David won. We got eliminated in the Conference Final against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (which ended up winning the SuperBowl) but to even get their was a major achievement and certainly something noone would have expected when looking at our record. So I'm proud to say I have a positive record of 2-1 in the playoffs. In general I noticed my teams usually play pretty tough against those big opponents. What we usually struggled with were the "easy" games, where we played sloppy and maybe got too greedy which cost us in the end. Anyway, my next stop were the Colts. They were in pretty bad shape. We had Andrew Luck as our QB which was great but the entire offense didn't fit my playstyle at all. It was purely centered around the pass while I'm more of a run-first guy. So that didn't fit. The defense lacked overall talent and it was just a rough year in general. To be fair, the Colts weren't my wish-team that year, but as it happens in the teamdraft: sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I wasn't lucky that year, so when my favorite team of my childhood - the Denver Broncos - became available, I took that chance. Under my coaching rookie ROLB Bradley Chubb became the league's sack leader and actually topped the historic record of most sacks in a season - by a pretty wide margin. It was a great time there. We didn't reach the playoffs tho. After that season I took a break from coaching for 1 season. Then I came back and took over the Broncos again mid-season. Again it didn't work out and I felt like it was again time for a change. Now I just signed with the Rams and I couldn't be happier about it. I didn't even know they were looking for a new coach until around 1 hour before my pick when HC Blieza, the new coach of the Dolphins called to ask about my intentions of where I would want to sign. I have to say I was thinking about going into the teamdraft again once the Rams would be available, so when I noticed they were in this year's draft, it was just great. the Colts still made a strong argument to sign with them but in the end I felt the Rams were where I wanted to be, even though the Colts probably look stronger on paper and certainly are a great organization too. So I took the chance and ran with it.

Hollywood Herald: What can Rams fans expect from your team this season?

Pulse: You can expect us to be a complete wildcard. We won't be the favorites to win the divison or to get the 1st seed. But that's not all that matters. We'll play tough, even against heavy favorites and we will hopefully make a push for one of those wildcard spots and as I said before when talking about my time with the Cowboys, that's where everything can happen. Don't count us out too early. You can expect a run-heavy offense and hopefully a tough defense. We'll probably look to add another RB before the season that can handle a heavy workload. I won't give you a record prediction but our goal is to get to the playoffs but even more than that we want to make everyone know that a game against the Rams is no cakewalk. I feel pretty good about that team and with Donald we probably have the best player in the whole NFL - on both sides of the ball. Certainly he's the best on the defensive side. With Ramsey we have another absolute stud who is one of the best - if not the best - CBs in football. We certainly have some holes on the roster, but maybe we'll be able to get a few trades done. I have a very good trade relationship with the Browns so you can be damn sure we'll get something done there. And then you can write about that in your blog I guess. We'll focus on our games and let you do the talking.

Hollywood Herald: Thank you so much for your time! Looking forward to see you and your guys on the field and we'll talk again soon!

Pulse: It was a pleasure! Bye!

• krass geschrieben Felix, geile Sache.

Nur Englisch werden einige hier nicht verstehen, John freut sich xD

Lg

Chris

• xColdDelightx

Hat den Titel des Themas von „What We Do“ zu „WHAT WE DO“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!